Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Her Eyes

This composition was drafted for a writing class.

They flutter open. Well groomed lashes framing eyes that shine like sapphires. One glance is all it takes to be caught in their mystic trance.

She smiles. The corners of her lips make graceful shapes as her eyes open wide.

Light dances. I could watch it dance all day.

She notices, and blushes slightly, but the smile stays in place on her elegant lips. Her lips are light and small and go well with the way her chin is gently angeld. She never wears lipstick. They always look best when she smiles.

But the best part of her smile is her eyes. Sometimes when she gets embarrassed, she will make a face at you, but her eyes laugh so loudly you know you not have to worry about her.

Her eyes are like pools of silver blue sunshine in the sky. They are so warm for being such a cool color.

She never has to dress them up. She wears only mascara, which makes them sparkle even more brightly. Even without makeup, her eyes always draw yours to them. They were the first thing I ever noticed about her. They are still my favorite thing about her.

Her eyes are kind and loving eyes. One look and you know you can trust her. They have that honest, yet confiding look to them. You know you will be safe as long as you can look into them.

When I am away from her, I miss being able to look into her eyes more than anything else. When I get to look into her eyes again, I feel like I have returned home.

No comments:

Post a Comment