Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Untitled Psalm

 For the most holy God
From a lowly psalmist
With all my heart I thank You, Lord
You are my God forever

I'm struggling in vain
Clouds of sin block my sight of you
Waves of guilty shame
Hide me from Your light. It's true
I'm going down again

Helpless I raise my arms
While evil Satan grins
The third time is the charm

 The just man falls down seven times
But I've failed You more than eight
Burdened down by all my crimes
In seas of guilty self hate
I know I am not strong enough
My flimsy arms will never do
And my spirit's beat by oceans rough
Lord, what I need is you

Lord, I breathe out this last breath of air
And with this breath my humble prayer
Lord, with your strong arms rescue me
And hold me in your hand
Lord, with your wings please shelter me
With your strength, help me stand again

Lord I am nothing and can never be
More than a failure without you
I was wrong, I now can see
How what You said was true

Lord, thank you for these trials
For carrying me those many miles
You are always only good to me
You're always there so faithfully

Lord, I am far from just
And I so many times will fail
But in Your strength I put my trust
And by Your strength I'll prevail

My lungs fill with new air
And my heart with a new song
My spirit with a thankful prayer
To the Almighty, my God so strong

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment